Thursday, January 27, 2011

Drum Roll Please!

Well, it's time to share my big news.  I have to say...I've loved all the guesses (especially Andrew's guesses of the development of the 3 livered goose, pink cheese...bleu's passive cousin...or the best yet the renaming of our town to Ireydena).  They've all been great for a good laugh!  With the wild thoughts in every one's mind, my announcement might be a little disappointing (especially to all you foie gras lovers who thought you might have a new California hook up)...but it's quite exciting for me.

Have I tortured you enough yet???  The big news is that we've bought another Dream Dinners store and we get the keys on Sunday (yes, this Sunday).  The store is located in Whittier (about 20 miles from our Pasadena store) in the Whittwood Town Center.  It's a big step to take on another store, but it's time. 

My Pasadena staff is so fabulous that they really leave me little to do anymore, so it was time to tackle a new venture.  And what better new venture than an old venture that I actually know how to do!  I have to say, I still have pretty big butterflies (well, some days they are actually bats)!  But, I am really looking forward to this challenge.  To start off, Susanna will be manning the fort in Pasadena and I'll be out in Whittier; however there will be times when we will switch, so we can spread the Susanna love around!

So, a shameless plug.  If you have friends who live in or around Whittier...tell them you know the owner and they should come check us out at www.dreamdinners.com/whittwoodtownctr.  And, of course, if you have friends in or near Pasadena who still haven't found out about us...tell them to check us out at www.dreamdinners.com/eastcolorado.  We will be having a big party in February and if you are in the area and want to come say hi, we'd love it.  I'll post details later next month.  Thanks for all your support and I'm looking forward to sharing crazy cooking blog posts that have crazy new store adventures weaved in.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new location! I'm sure it will be a fast success!

Cakelaw said...

Congrats! Wishing you all the best with the new store.

Anne-Marie said...

Sounds exciting! Congratulations!

Cher Rockwell said...

Congratulations to you! Best wishes.

Cheesy Pennies said...

Congratulations!